Application for UPCAT 2018 set to begin July 17
Students who are interested to take the University of the Philippines College Admission Test or UPCAT for academic year 2018-2019 may begin submitting their respective applications starting this July 17.
On its official Facebook page, the UP Office of Admission announced that the deadline for filing of applications will be August 18 for applicants from Metro Manila private schools, August 25 for students from Metro Manila public schools, and September 1 for students from all other schools. Late applications will be subjected to additional fees.
Applications can be filed in the different regional filing centers, though those are yet to be announced. This year, the annual UPCAT is scheduled for October 21 and 22. As late as 2013, the UPCAT was held during the month of August but it has since been pushed to a later date because UP no longer begins its academic year by June.
According to the University, only students who meet the following qualifications can take the UPCAT (visit www.upcat.up.edu.ph for more information):
- Senior high school student expecting to graduate toward the end of SY 2017-2018 from a DepEd-accredited high school or a secondary school abroad; OR
- Graduate of a DepEd- accredited high school or secondary school abroad; OR
- PEPT Certified Eligible for admission to college; AND
- With final grades for three (3) high school years preceding the year of graduation; AND
- Must not have taken any college subject/s prior to taking the UPCAT; AND
- Must not have taken the UPCAT previously.
UPCAT 2017 will certainly have more takers compared to 2015 and 2016 because the vast majority of the likely examinees belong to the first batch of senior high school students that will be graduating next year.