No classes – August 7, 2012
(Updated, 10:50 AM) The Department of Education (DepEd), in its Twitter account, said governors Aurelio Umali of Nueva Ecija and Vilma Santos-Recto of Batangas have ordered the suspension of classes. “The Governors of Nueva Ecija and Batangas have also suspended classes today, Aug 7, province wide,” the DepEd said. (Courtesy of ABS-CBNNews.com)
(Updated, 9:40 a.m.) Work in the private sector in the National Capital Region (NCR), Zambales, Bataan, Pampanga, Pangasinan, Tarlac, Laguna, Cavite, Rizal, and Bulacan have been suspended upon declaration by Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa.
(Updated, 3AM) Malacanang has issued Memorandum Circular 33. It says in part: “Work in government offices and classes in college level in the National Capital Region and the provinces of Zambales, Bataan, Pampanga, Pangasinan, Tarlac, Bulacan, Laguna, Cavite, and Rizal (emphasis supplied – TFS) are hereby suspended today, 07 August 2012.” Signed by executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa, the memorandum noted the “continuing inclement weather brought about by southwest monsoon (habagat).”
– pre-school to high school, public and private, suspended. (source: City Mayor’s Office)
– Trinity University of Asia, no classes in all levels (including offices)
Pateros suspends preschool-college classes (public & private) for Aug. 7, Tuesday
– all levels in public and private schools are suspended (source: Taytay Public Information Office)
San Mateo, Rizal suspends preschool-college classes (public & private) for Aug. 7, Tuesday
– pre-school to high school, public and private
LAS PIÑAS CITY
Rodriguez, Rizal suspends preschool-college classes (public & private) for Aug. 7, Tuesday
– all levels in public and private schools
– classes suspended in the following schools:
A. Deato Elementary School, Coloong Elementary School, Isla Elementary School, Pasolo Elementary School, Pio Valenzuela Elementary School, PR San Diego Elementary School, Rincon Elementary School, Tagalag Elementary School, Wawang Pulo Elementary School, Arkong Bato National High School, Nuestra Senora De Guia Academy, San Diego Parochial School (source: Valenzuela PIO)
Taguig City (according to Mayor Lani Cayetano)
– all classes in all levels and public and private schools are suspended. Schools will be used as evacuation centers if need be. Water level near Laguna Bay is rising. Evacuation of threatened residents expected tonight or tomorrow morning. (source: Muntinlupa PIO)
– pre-school to high school, public and private, suspended. (source: Mayor Mon Ilagan)
Cavite (whole province) suspends classes in all levels for Aug. 7, Tuesday | via Gov.
Laguna Gov. ER Ejercito: Pasok sa lahat ng antas sa Laguna, public at private, kanselado na
PHILIPPINE CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY
– all levels including graduate school
@Official_UE: President Garcia has suspended classes in ALL LEVELS in UE Manila and UE Caloocan tomorrow, August 7, 2012.
Classes and office work at UP Manila are suspended tomorrow, Aug 7, 2012. | via
Arellano University: No classes tommorrow, Aug. 7, 2012; Due to continuous rainfall and floods via
DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY:
[Office of the Vice Chancellor for Administration] DLSU Taft campus classes and office work on August 7, 2012 are suspended following the suspension announcement by Manila City Mayor Alfredo Lim. Classes and office work in the Makati and Ortigas Extension campuses shall also be suspended.
DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY – SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY COMPLEX (CANLUBANG): August 6: – DLSU – STC suspends all classes…
PS: This post will be updated as soon as new information becomes available.