Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla, one of the hottest love teams of this generation, will once more join forces on the silver screen as Star Cinema rolls out “Crazy Beautiful You,” a post-Valentines’ Day treat to all moviegoers. It will be shown on cinemas nationwide beginning February 25.
As part of the promotional activities for the movie, the film’s two lead stars together with director Mae Cruz Alviar and scriptwriter Carmi Raymundo had a bloggers conference at the Trinoma Activity Center last February 15. Apart from the invited online writers, selected members of the audience were also given the chance to ask questions.
So, given all the movies that will be shown in Philippine cinemas in the next few weeks, why should you not miss this romantic flick?
1) “KathNiel yan e!” – Ms Carmi said during the event that Kathryn and Daniel are perfect for the role. “The movie is a right fit for their age, since it deals with issues that teenagers really go through.”
For her part, Direk Mae noted the strong appeal of the pair to the public. “Iba ang chemistry nilang dalawa! They remind me of the Rico Yan-Claudine Barreto love team!” she said. Kathryn and Daniel had two previous blockbuster movies, “Must Be… Love” and “She’s Dating the Gangster.”
2) See the other side of Kathryn Bernardo – In the past years, Kathryn had been well-known for portraying sweet and bubbly characters on her teleseryes and movies. For “Crazy Beautiful You,” she plays the role of “Jacqueline,” a rebellious and adventure-seeking teenage girl.
“Excited ako sa role na ito. Gusto ko kasi in every project, I’m doing something new,” Kathryn said, adding that there’s a complex story behind Jacqueline’s rebellious character.
3) Solid supporting cast – Apart from Kathryn and Daniel, this film also features veteran movie stars Gabby Concepcion and Lorna Tolentino as well as newbie Inigo Pascual.
“Masarap sa pakiramdam sila makatrabaho dahil marami kaming natututunan sa kanila,” Daniel shared. For her part, Kathryn related that Ms Lorna helped her a lot during their scenes together. “Inalalayan niya talaga ako,” she said. Inigo, meanwhile, is Daniel’s (Kiko) half-brother in the movie.
4) Capas, Tarlac – The movie was shot extensively in Capas, Tarlac, a municipality with a great significance in Philippine history. In considering the location, Direk Mae said she wanted to go to a community with a different way of life but it is still accessible from Metro Manila.
Staying for three weeks in that area enabled the movie’s cast and crew to get immersed in the community’s Aeta community. “Nakita nila (Kathryn and Daniel) kung gaano kahirap ang buhay doon,” Direk Mae said, adding that she wants to return to Capas, Tarlac in the near future to help the community further.
5) Who cannot not relate to love? – This movie is sure to appeal to teenagers and those in their 20s, but what’s in store here for more mature audiences?
According to Direk Mae, the film’s central theme of love is something everyone regardless of age can relate to. “They will also fall in love with the characters! Kuwento ito ng dalawnag tao na natututo pa lang magmahal,” Ms Carmi added.
(BONUS FACT – The movie’s theme song, “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us,” was sang by Daniel Padilla and Morisette Amon from The Voice of the Philippines – Season 1.)