Browse By

UPCAT 2012 RESULTS NOW OUT? (and some reminiscing)

Breaking news as of 4PM, January 18, 2012:

The results of the 2012 University of the Philippines College Admission Test are out! To view the results, please here.

*Word of warning – the website is loading excruciatingly slow at the moment. This is like prolonging the agony, but you’ll surely feel triumphant once you confirm that you’ll soon be an iskolar ng bayan.

According to GMA News Online, results can also be accessed on the following mirror websites: Stickbread Solutions, Creative Point Online and Preginet. The article also mentions that over 10,000 examinees aced the UPCAT.

But, why do I still see this statement on the official UPCAT page?

I’ll never forget the exact circumstance when I phoned the UP Admission Office to ask about the results of the UPCAT for school year 2006-2007. That was February 26, 2006, a Sunday. It is a significant date in our country’s recent history.

Earlier that day, Major General Renato Miranda, commandant of the Philippine Marines, was unceremoniously relieved from his post after urging his subordinates to withdraw their support from the government of then-President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo. I made the inquiry late in the afternoon. Here’s what’s happening during that time, as chronicled by the Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism:

As news of (Miranda’s) resignation made the rounds of text messages in an edgy city, members of civilian groups like the Black and White Movement, Sanlakas and Brother Eddie Villanueva’s Bangon Pilipino Movement rushed to the Marine headquarters in Fort Bonifacio to support what they believed were embattled Marine troopers.

By 5 p.m., scores of civilians had gathered at the Marine chapel and were subsequently joined by Marine Col. Ariel Querubin, who is said to have been involved in the failed attempt to withdraw support from the Arroyo government last Friday. ‘We are asking the people to support us from aggression,’ Querubin told ANC.”

I will forever associate Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, Ariel Querubin, and Renato Miranda to the day UPCAT Results 2006 was released

The results were posted later that night, and I was informed of it by a high school friend early morning of the following day. She asked her sister (who is a student in UP Manila) to look for my name among the passers. You see, I am not the type who swoops in into a university to look for my name in the list of qualifiers posted in the school wall/board.

Although I didn’t find the UPCAT particularly tough, I was not expecting to pass it. Even though I have heard all the harrowing tales about how tough it is to qualify, I chose not to enroll in a review center. A number of my high school batch mates did, and they failed to make it to UP ultimately. Prior to the release of the UPCAT results, I am already set to take up Political Science in the University of Santo Tomas. Has six years passed that fast?

Comments

comments

34 thoughts on “UPCAT 2012 RESULTS NOW OUT? (and some reminiscing)”

1. Anonymous says:

buti kpa pumasa nun.. huhuhu.. nd knya sa quota ng chem eng ung grade q nun dati eh, anyway, ok lg.

2. Ver Jeneth Fajura Fonte says:

1. markpere2010 says:

Sinwerte lang, Ver. Salamat sa comment. 🙂

3. Joselito says:

“You see, I am not the type who swoops in into a university to look for my name in the list of qualifiers posted in the school wall/board.”

“I’ll never forget the exact circumstance when I phoned the UP Admission Office to ask about the results of the UPCAT for school year 2006-2007.”

You are not the type that swoops in but you phoned the University on that morning!

1. markpere2010 says:

The night before, actually. 🙂

1. Joselito says:

hi mark! my son passed in UP diliman! I am so happy! thanks!

2. markpere2010 says:

Mr. Joselito, my big congratulations! Your son’s life will forever change because of that. 🙂

3. Cameron says:

Learning a ton from these neat arselcit.

4. Joselito says:

I hope the change would be for the better! hehe…anyway, do you have any idea how much is the tuition in diliman? how much is one semester? he will take up mechanical engg. thanks again…mark!

1. markpere2010 says:

Definitely, the change would be for the better. There’s not a single time I regretted being able to graduate from UP. 🙂
      On his first semester, he will most likely be made to take 17 units po. The regular rate is now P1,000 per unit, so you’ll have to prepare po around P20K. You may call 9818500 to confirm this. Pa-connect po kayo sa Department of Mechanical Engineering.

Again, congrats po. 🙂

5. Joselito says:

at least now we have an idea. I am sorry if you found my first post irritating! thanks again and goodluck to you!

1. markpere2010 says:

No, Sir. It’s not irritating. I actually thought it’s funny. 🙂
      I’m happy to be of help to you, Sir.

On a personal note, I hope this won’t be your last visit to my blog. As you have probably noticed po, I update this regularly. Feel free to browse everything posted here. Comments are welcome, too.

6. Joselito says:

i will keep in touch as your blog has lots of informations on other matters. besides, it’s nice to have a ‘virtual friend’ on the net.

1. markpere2010 says:

Thanks for that compliment! Nice to meet a new online friend, Sir! 🙂

7. Sebs | MaximizingMarriage.com says:

Just checked out the list. Sayang, di nakapasok yung pinsan ko. Nice reminiscing… Hehe. =)

1. markpere2010 says:

Sayang naman. Well, I’m sure may mapapasukan naman syang magandang university. 🙂
      Kuya Sebs, will you be there on Thursday? Sa World Vision?

8. Anonymous says:

Hi mark. kumusta? my son is now enrolled in UPD with 4-day school week (tues-fri). Is the 4-day school week applies until a student reach senior year? or pag bagong pasok lang? or UP applies 4-day school week? I used to have 6-days school week when I was in college and I find 4-days school week favorable. thanks

1. markpere2010 says:

Hi, Sir. I am assuming you are Mr. Joselito? Anyway, salamat po for saving the link to this blog. Classes po in UP are held usually twice a week. That is Tuesday/Thursday and Wednesday/Friday. It used to be Monday/Thursday and Tuesday/Friday po but they changed it in 2008 since most holidays are being moved to Mondays.

This set-up po will remain throughout your son’s stay in UP. *But please remember that he can choose his preferred schedule from the list of available classes. In short, pwede pa po niya mapaikli o mapahaba ang kanyang 4-day school week.*

9. Anonymous says:

thanks mark! yes this is joselito. di ako naka log in pero pwede din pala mag post. thanks again for keep on responding to my ‘unwitting’ querries! goodluck!

1. markpere2010 says:

Yes, Sir. Anyone can post comments here. OK lang po. I’m glad to be of help to you, and I wish your son all the best. 🙂

10. Anonymous says:

hi mark! kumusta? this is joselito again. just to inform you, my son’s first sem will end next week. medyo ok naman performance nya with 2 subjects na exempted sya, although minor subjects but still he performed well.

1. markpere2010 says:

Wow Sir, I’m happy to know that. You are really monitoring your child’s performance. Just to let you know, here are the two citations he might get depending on his average:
      College scholar – 1.46-1.75
      University scholar – 1.0-1.45
      Both CS and US students will get certificates (to be given early next year). However, there will be a program for US students, usually done at the UP Theater.

1. Anonymous says:

Because I am a STAGE FATHER! LOL! I am really monitoring him because I don’t want him to loose the chance. Not everybody has given the chance to enter in that school, so like you, I want him to excel.

2. markpere2010 says:

Very well said, Sir. More power to your son. It’s better to be a stage dad than to be like those other parents who think that once their kids are already in college, everything will be fine. 🙂

11. Anonymous says:

hi mark. it has been a year since i posted here when my son passed the UP admission test. Now, he is doing well and coping with the subjects. last semester his average was 1.75. I hope this semester will be the same. Goodluck to you as well.

1. markpere2010 says:

Hi, Sir. Nice to have you back. Thank you very much for the positive vibes. All the best to your son as always and please keep in touch. 🙂

1. HatesYouandYourPointofView says:

GAY

12. Matalinong UST says:

bakla tong si joselito. bobo naman mga taga up. pangit pa. save for joyce pring. BOBO UP!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

1. markpere2010 says:

Take the UPCAT, pass it, then study there in four years. Let’s see if you survive. 🙂

1. Matalinong GROWLING TIGER says:

HAH! I don’t give a care. Why would I waste my time taking the UPCAT, sige nga? Hindi rin naman ako papasa. DUH!!! Why would you question one’s survival? Hello. Campus lang yan. Besides, puro large class lang naman meron sa UP. Walang student-prof intimacy, unlike the bonds formed decades ago. Puro yabang, wala namang binatbat. I’m sure, bobo na mga taga up lalo na yung anak ni Joselito.

2. Matalinong GROWLING TIGER says:

Study IN four years? HUH? Kadiri sobrang tanga talaga. Graduate ka talaga ng UP? EWWW. You are a disgrace. You’re like an african to the human race—NAKAKASULASOK! Go parade your ego someplace else because you’re not smart, you and your glorified excuse for a school. 400>100 HAH!

13. Anonymous says:

growling tiger..mali ka yata ng pinasok. dapat yata dun ka sa FLIPTOP! kaso baka mas mukhang matalino pa mga yun kesa sayo. haha!

1. Matalinong Growling Tiger 400 says:

Hoy sino kang Anonymous ka? Bobo mo!!!! Sobrang tanga!!! Magsama kayo ni mark at joselita baklita! Tanga nyo eh!

14. home addition contractor says:

Good day very cool site!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Superb .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also? I’m glad to find a lot of helpful information right here within the post, we’d like develop more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .|