(Updated, 8:00 AM)
In its 11:00 PM update for August 16, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) once again warned of possible flash floods in low lying areas in the provinces of Bataan, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga, Tarlac, and Zambales due to southwest monsoon or habagat.
Meanwhile, Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Rizal, Quezon, and Batangas can expect light to moderate with occasional heavy rains. The weather for Wednesday is projected to be a marked improvement from the past several days because the low pressure areas that intensified the monsoon rains are already out of the Philippine area of responsibility.
— IMReady (@IMReadyPH) August 16, 2016
In line with that, several local government units (LGUs) have already announced the suspension of classes in their respective constituencies for Wednesday, August 17. More LGUs may announce class suspensions in the coming hours as PAGASA releases its 2:00 AM weather bulletin.
Pampanga, including Angeles City
San Carlos City
Gregorio del Pilar, Ilocos Sur
UP TO HIGH SCHOOL
UP TO ELEMENTARY
- Don Honorio Ventura Technological State University (Bacolor, Pampanga)
- A. Deato Elementary School (Valenzuela City)
- Arkong Bato National High School (Valenzuela City)
- Coloong Elementary School (Valenzuela City)
- Dalandanan National High School (Valenzuela City)
- Isla Elementary School (Valenzuela City)
- Malanday National High School (Valenzuela City)
- P.R. San Diego Elementary School (Valenzuela City)
- Pio Valenzuela Elementary School (Valenzuela City)
- Polo National High School (Valenzuela City)
- Tagalag Elementary (Valenzuela City)
REMINDER TO STUDENTS:
If there’s heavy rains or floods in the area where you will be coming from, keep in mind CHED Memo #15 (2012).
“Students who are unable to report to class or participate in scheduled activities such as exams due to inclement weather shall be given consideration and be allowed to make up for the missed class or activity.”