With school year 2021-2022 set to begin by September 13, the Department of Education (DepEd) is organizing its second Virtual In-Service Training or VINSET mainly for public school teachers nationwide. The so-called VINSET 2.0 will run from August 30 to September 3, 2021.
According to a memorandum released last August 6, 2021 and was jointly signed by DepEd Undersecretary for Curriculum and Instruction Diosdado San Antonio, Undersecretary for Field Operations Revsee Escobedo, and Undersecretary for Administration Alain Pascua, VINSET 2.0 will have five objectives:
- Capacitate teachers in using different online modality platforms that include DepEd learning Management System, DepEd Commons, DepEd online (FB page, YouTube, Etulay Tutorial Sessions), DepEd TV, and DepEd Radio.
- Provide awareness and proper handling of technology tools in delivering instruction in synchronous and asynchronous format.
- Learn and apply different components of cyber wellness (data privacy, netiquette, and troubleshooting).
- Teach emerging technology tools and application to maximize the use of cross – platform operating system.
- Inspire teachers through guided programs to innovate and upgrade their skills in the use of different solutions and in acquiring international certification under Microsoft, Adobe, and Google
Below is the program of activities for August 30, the first day of VINSET 2.0:
8:30 to 9:00 AM:
Philippine National Anthem
- Message from Sec. Leonor Magtolis Briones, DepEd Secretary
- Message from Usec. Diosdado M. San Antonio, Undersecretary from Curriculum and Instruction
- Video Informercial on Blended Learning Program and Approaches of DepEd
9:00 to 10:30 AM:
Topic: Retooling of Teachers Capacity in Using ICT and Emerging Technologies
Speaker: Mark Anthony C. Sy
10:30 AM to 12:00 PM:
Topic: Advantages of Using Open Educational Resources (OERs)
Speaker: Sherwin O. Lomeda and Sara Jane Sarino
12:00 to 1:00 PM: Lunch Break
1:00 to 2:00 PM:
Topic: Proper Etiquette in Sending E – mail and Understanding Copyright Guidelines
Speaker: Ariel A. Delos Santos
2:00 to 3:30 PM:
Topic: Wisdom Behind Grammarly
Speaker: Maria May N. Sevilla
3:30 to 4:30 PM:
Topic: The Creative Utilization of Canva for Students Performance Task
Speaker: Apprellene B. Marquez and Representative from Canva Philippines
4:30 to 5:00 PM:
Evaluation (Program and Speakers)